Sunday, May 20, 2012

WEEK-6 NEW THINGS TO LEARN AND PRACTICE...

Greetings.

Life is full of new things to discover, new things to learn, new things to teach,  thanks to the amazing, intelligent and unique dynamic Creator; God. So I consider we are in the proccess of learning day by day.

One of the task was on creating power point presentations in order to mix some skills in the classroom and in order to add technology to the classroom, however I found it pretty challenging since I created some power point presentations a few years ago, and honestly I dont use them quite often. I have to admit however that the tools provided in the web site they are so useful, they provide you a step by step criteria in order to add interaction to the presentation.

The readings about power point presentation were really good, they provided in detail how the use of this very important tool can help you as a teacher in order to catch students attention, you have to be carefull though, since if you dont know how to manage or control some of it, students can easily get bored. Certainly these readings have been very helpfull so we can interact with tech and classroom, and therefore we can analize our methods of teaching and we can rectify if necessary.

I will start using all these new techniques in order to make my teaching more effective, to get motivated not just me but students as well, I like the way we are enhancing technology in this course, which is really good since sometimes not always, students know more than teachers.

Another task was on describing the implementation of our project, and I have applied some tips as for reading, and use a very simple power point presentation, so I have to admit I am slow learning about technology, but I am stepping into it,


1 comment:

  1. Hi Juan,

    We are on the same page since the integration of interactives PPTs are also new for me.

    I do agree with you we should take control of how we manage the ppts in order to keep the students on track so that they don´t get bored.

    And indeed, life´s about learning new things and now we have the opportunity to learn and improve our teaching skills.

    Cheers,

    Chiara.

    ReplyDelete